Native Hawaiian Veterans LLC Lead Sewing & Final Inspection Specialist - Waipahu, HI in Waipahu, Hawaii
* Fields Are Required
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC dba American Safety & Tire Co. Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC is a Native Hawaiian Owned, Service Disabled Veterans Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), SDB, MBE, UDBE, and EEO/W/M/Vet/Disabled Company that provides services, solutions, and products in the areas of Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Information Technology, Communication Equipment, Professional Staff Augmentation, Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) Remediation, and Strategic Communications/Creative Services.
Our mission is to be a trusted partner earning customer loyalty while fostering growth and profitability for our Ohana and enriching our community.
We are seeking a Lead Sewing & Final Inspection Specialist to join our Ohana. This position will be located at American Safety & Tire Co. in Waipahu, HI.
- Perform inspections on protective ensembles
- Apply strict adherence to applicable NFPA standards and procedures established for compliance
- Approve jobs with pre-authorization limits set by the customer
- Inspect all ensembles for cleanliness, damage and safety and deciding work required to ensure that ensembles provide adequate protection against industry standards and will meet the expectations of the customer. Be able to perform repairs as per NFPA 1851 using a Felling Machine, Serger, Double Needle, Single Needle and Bartacker
- Input all repair information into the data tracking system
- Categorize ensembles by type of work to be performed and sending them to the appropriate areas
- Send all liner for hydrostatic testing
- Coordinate and/ or perform testing on the components, if damaged, could affect the performance of the ensembles
- Responsible for the activities associated with the receiving and shipping of items into and from So Cal PPE facility
- Logging number of ensemble or ensemble elements received
- Query database for customer special instructions
- Create new job and production work orders
- Unassembled ensembles and tagging each item
- Process garments received according to cleaning type
- Prepare garments for shipment- fold, bag, and label
- Print packing slip
- Pack cartons
- Ship in carriers system
- 2-5 years of experience in alterations, repairs, and tailoring
- Valid Driver's license
- Attention to detail, manual dexterity, mechanical aptitude, and good communication skills are required
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
Please complete our online Employment Application, only applicants that apply via our Employment Application will be considered.
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC is an EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled and E-Verify Employer.
Job Start/End Date: 14-Mar-2018 to 13-May-2018 (HST)
Department: Operations (Ops)
Location: Waipahu, HI, USA
Employment Type: Full Time