Wyndham Worldwide Activities Associate - Part Time - Kona Coast Resort in Kailua, Hawaii
Activities Associate - Part Time - Kona Coast Resort
The Activities Associate is responsible for organizing and executing a variety of recreational activities for resort guests. In coordination with the Activities Supervisor, this position will require the ability to operate all guest activities and related areas including but not limited to: activities center, movie theater, fitness center(s), pool(s) and cabanas, banquet room(s), tanning rooms, outdoor games and beaches. The Activities Associate is responsible for providing Count On Me service by consistently creating and enhancing experiences for owners and guests.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide Resorts Activities to Guests. Responsible for creating, planning and executive guest activity programs for the Resort (i.e., arts & crafts, pool games, aerobics movie night, karaoke, outbound trips to local attractions, BBQ, miniature gold, etc.). Monitor, supervise and assist guests while in the Activity Center. Promote and sign up guests for resort activities. (75% time)
2. Perform Area Audits. Conduct and record inspections of related activity areas in compliance with company standards and requirements. Manage a cash bank following proper cashiering procedures as per internal audit directives (when applicable) (15% time)
3. Attend Training & Meetings. Attend resort and company trainings and meetings. Complete required training as required by company standards. Complete all duties as assigned (5% time).
4. Consistently provide Count on Me Service by practicing the Sequence of Service Steps. Be aware of and handle guest and employee safety and incident issues as they occur. (5% time).
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
- May include depending on location: Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid Certification, Alcohol Awareness Card, Food Server Health Card, Valid Local State Driver’s License
c) Knowledge and skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guests and staff members
Able to organize and facilitate group activities
Must possess a high level of creativity and a customer service mind-set
Facilitate positive employee image and effective guest relations by demonstrative attention to detail, congeniality, integrity and sound judgment.
Knowledge of general resort services
Ability to work an adjusted work schedule, including evenings, weekend and holidays to meet resort operating demands
d) Technical Skills
Ability to drive large vehicles, shuttles and/or vans.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Micros.
Ability to learn new programs such as company reporting and associate timekeeping
Ability to use radio and telephone communication devices and awareness of related etiquette.
e) Job experience
- 1 year experience in customer service or recreation
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
Primary Location: United States of America-Hawaii-Kailua-Kona
Employee Status: Regular
Organization: WVO - Resort Management
Job Posting: Mar 2, 2018, 7:15:53 PM
Requisition ID: 1803315
Equal Opportunity Wyndham Worldwide fosters a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate either directly or indirectly against employees or prospective employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, national origin, age or disability, or against any other protection established by applicable law or regulation. We will make reasonable accommodations for eligible disabled applicants and employees in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We are committed to actions and policies to assure fair employment, including equal treatment in hiring, promotion, training, compensation, termination and disciplinary action and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination either directly or indirectly by our employees or agents.