VF Corporation Vans FT Assistant Store Manager (Ala Moana 242 Honolulu, HI) in Honolulu, Hawaii
Assistant Store Manager: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
As the Assistant Store Manager, you will provide leadership and direction to the store staff and successfully execute company visions and values under the direction of the Store Manager. You will assist in maintaining optimal staffing levels, recruiting, hiring, educating, and motivating a team of brand advocates who in turn inspire the customer. Additionally, you are responsible for setting the example for customer engagement that exceeds industry standards. You will impact the business and maximize store profitability by assisting in controlling expenses, protecting company assets, and by ensuring that store standards and processes for customer care, merchandising, operations, sustainability, and community participation are consistent and well executed. Most importantly, you will promote youth culture and creative self-expression to all internal and external customers.
How You Will Make a Difference:
• Sales and Profitability: Maximizes store sales and achieves store sales goals. Measures and monitors sales progress and results against key targets. Leads an environment of productivity by ensuring store staff has the knowledge and skills to meet store goals for sales and customer engagement. Assists in managing labor and payroll expenses to maximize sales and profitability.
• Brand Experience/Customer Service: Ensures excellence in customer service in the store by modeling brand specific service standards as well as by monitoring customer feedback and responding to and addressing all customer concerns quickly. Ensures that store team is engaging with each customer to create an authentic brand experience. Leads and inspires customer-centric culture by recognizing and
rewarding teams’ successes in partnership with the Store Manager. Assists the Store Manager in ensuring that store team is an active brand ambassador within the community through proactively seeking opportunities to engage with the customers and support or participate in community initiatives outside the four walls of the store. Supports store marketing events and grows relationships in the community to generate brand awareness and drive traffic.
• Training and Coaching Team: Provides coaching to the store team in the core areas of customer service and engagement, brand identity, product knowledge, and operations. Monitors, evaluates, and executes training programs in partnership with the Store Manager. Assists in organizing and leading store staff meetings in accordance with brand expectations. Ensures store team receives relevant, timely information, coaching, and feedback that enables their success and growth. Partners with Store Manager to assist in setting performance goals for team for their personal skills development.
• Operations: Ensures that all company and store policies and procedures are followed and that the store meets all store audit requirements. Assists in creating and managing store schedules to ensure they support the needs of the business within the allotted labor allowance.
• Visual Merchandising: Ensures the visual merchandising standards for the store are met. Implements floor-sets and merchandising directives in partnership with the Store Manager. Communicates with Store Manager regarding merchandise assortment, trends, and needs. Responsible for ensuring that the store’s inventory integrity is maintained through proper shipping and receiving procedures and by communicating concerns directly to the Store Manager as needed.
• Human Resource Management: Assists in attracting, recruiting, and hiring high caliber talent. Actively participates in succession planning with the Store Manager for open positions within the store. Assists in managing and coaching a high-performing team of customer focused associates. Under the direction of the Store Manager, addresses performance issues and administers progressive discipline when appropriate. Ensures on-going specific and immediate feedback are provided to the team. Assists in ensuring compliance with employee record keeping policies and procedures. Maintains the Open Door Policy.
• Loss Prevention, Safety, and Compliance: Ensures compliance and adherence to policies and procedures, standards and practices, and company directives. Protects company assets. Ensures compliance with company safety, security, and shrink avoidance policies and programs. Partners with Store Manager to identify trends and translate strategies into action to meet district and company shrink goals. Reacts quickly to all customer and employee injuries and partners with Store Manager, District Manager, and Human Resources immediately.
• Professional Conduct: Models behavior that respects the background, experience, and cultural differences of others, while upholding the integrity and values of the VF Corporation and Vans. Promotes an environment that encourages participation, creativity, and learning by sharing best practices and building on the ideas.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Management Experience: 1+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
• Associated Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred but not required; or two years related retail or service-oriented experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2+ years in a fast paced retail environment
• Proven ability to meet and exceed sales and profit results
• Proven ability to meet business goals by driving results through store team
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
• Operate office equipment and technology (i.e., computers, phones, fax, copier, etc.)
• Standing required for entire work shift
• Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
• Travel (less than 10% of time)
• Coaching and Developing Others
• Customer Focus
• Building Trust
• Driving for Results
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, with global iconic brands, 64,000 associates and $12.4 billion in revenue. Our businesses and brands are organized into four categories called coalitions, comprising: Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, and Sportswear. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our One VF culture and approach to doing business provide a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.