HQDA Field Operating Agencies and Staff Support Agencies Training Specialist NF-04 in Honolulu, Hawaii
"Serving Those Who Serve"
Aloha! Overlooking the turquoise waters of world famous Waikiki beach, the Hale Koa Hotel is nestled on a 72-acre tropical oasis fronting the finest stretch of beach in Waikiki. We invite you to treat yourself to an experience that will create lasting & cherished memories of your tropical vacation in the islands. The Hale Koa Hotel offers an array of dining experiences for you to enjoy on property. The Hale Koa also offers a multitude of entertainment opportunities beyond just "fun in the sun". A perfect blend of impeccable service and affordable prices makes the Hale Koa Hotel an unparalleled value for your next vacation experience.
This position will remain open until filled with cutoff dates being the 15th and the last day of the month for employment consideration.
Local candidates will be reviewed first as PCS is not authorized. If determined that area of consideration is to be expanded, all candidates will be considered.
Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for assisting leadership in the development of the management staff by identifying and overseeing the completion of the required foundation courses and advanced level and leadership requirements necessary for professional development.
- Identifies short-term professional development opportunities for management staff in conjunction with higher headquarters instructions.
- Provides advice and guidance to management officials on matters that influence job performance, the development of individual performance improvement plans, and factors for ranking job candidates for recruitment and placement.
- Serves as a key member of the human resources team in the conduct of staff care programs designed to improve morale and job satisfaction.
- #### Job family (Series)
1712 Training Instruction
- Specialists, Training
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required upon appointment
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactory completion of employment verification (E-Verify) check
- One year probationary period may be required
- Must be able to obtain a ANACI security clearance.
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty.
One year of training experience in the field of MWR or staff well-being programs where you have either facilitated, arranged, or evaluated upper echelon type training events for management or corporate level partners or business associates
Strong communication and presentation skills, both orally and in writing.
Excellent customer service skills and be able to exercise sound judgment and tact.
Practical knowledge of the methods and techniques of instruction and a practical knowledge of customer service in a business environment.
ONLY THE MOST HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE REFERRED. IF MANAGEMENT DOES NOT WISH TO SELECT A HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE, THEY MAY REQUEST A REFERRAL LIST INCLUDING ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS. APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW DURING THE OCCUPATIONAL QUESTIONNAIRE PORTION OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
All answers to the Highly Qualifying Criteria must be demonstrated in your resume to get credit.
- A college degree that has equipped you with the skills and knowledge to brief, arrange and evaluated corporate level type training.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized based upon a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our application information kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your experience is subject to evaluation and verification against the information in your resume. The numeric rating you receive is a self-assessment only and is based on your responses to the questionnaire. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, or if your resume lacks sufficient information, you will be rated accordingly or you may be considered ineligible.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Our job application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a resume. Please note that if you upload multiple resumes, only the most recently uploaded version will be used to determine your qualifications for this position.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or claimed priority/preference
- Cover Letter
Including any of the following on your resume may result in an ineligible rating:
Classified or government sensitive information Social Security Number (SSN) Photos of yourself Personal information, such as specifically mentioning your age, gender, race/national origin, etc Encrypted and digitally signed documents Illegible documents or files that cannot be opened
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application packet using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred):https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for announcement number WENAFP41810153852. All documentation required in the vacancy must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, on the closing date of the announcement.
- Manually: A manual application may be obtained by contacting the servicing Human Resources Office listed on this announcement. If you are applying manually, all required documentation must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time to the Human Resources Office, on the closing date of the announcement.
Agency contact information
P4-NAF-HAKOHO HALE KOA HOTEL DO NOT MAIL Honolulu, HI US
Learn more about this agency
Referred applicants will be evaluated by a rating panel to determine the quality and extent of total accomplishments, experience, education, and/or certification. The top candidates will be forwarded to the hiring official for selection consideration and may undergo an interview and reference checks.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492891200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/01/2018 to 12/31/2018
Salary: $60,000 to $80,000 per year PLUS 10.99% Non-foreign Cost of Living Allowance
Pay scale & grade: NF 4
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent