General Electric Strategic Account Manager in Honolulu, Hawaii
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This role is responsible for proactively developing and implementing strategies and sales for the entire GE Life Sciences product portfolio and services. A One GE Life Sciences Account Manager must implement & sustain strategic relationships/alliances with their Accounts within the Zone. The Account Manager will be responsible for growing the business in Cell Therapy, Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical sectors. This role will require the individual to thrive in a matrixed sales environment.
• Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of assigned accounts’ business, and keep GE Life Sciences Zone, Region and Product management informed and appropriately aligned.
• Maintaining, prospecting, and growing the customer base, and qualifying new opportunities within the defined territory to maintain a balanced sales funnel for future sales
• Generating proposals, preparing sales quotations, initiating and planning customer visits at all level of the customer organization, and working with the product sales specialists in demonstrating the breadth and range of One Life Science capabilities in assigned accounts.
• Sales negotiation and deal closure at the customer, interfacing with all key buying influencers such as direct users of the product, but also department heads and CXO level personnel as appropriate.
• Achieve annual and quarterly achievement of revenue targets, while maintaining margin. through accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting, by prioritizing selling time to generate sales volume, through territory penetration and opportunity prioritization.
• Build relationships, develop a business strategy, and maximize business opportunities for all GE Life Sciences products and services within allocated accounts/territory. Represent One GE Life Sciences and acts as a primary customer point of contact in the allocated accounts/territory. Provide on-going feedback to management, product teams, services and marketing.
• Work closely with Global Strategic Account Managers (GSAM) for assigned global strategic accounts and taking an active part in international networking, including following global account molecules from continent to continent to either receive tech transfers into his/her territory, or to facility such transfer from his/her territory into those of other global account network colleagues.
• Report out on main activities/intel to USCAN sales management as well as to relevant GSAMs
• Being responsible for following the Account pipeline from clinical assets to marketed products
• Being responsible for designing-in – with the help of modality colleagues – GE LS products into key Account molecule processes.
• Develop and implement Go-to-Market plans with cross functional and multi-product teams to achieve results. Grow GE’s share of customer investments in capital and operational expenditures.
• Develop and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through consistent high-quality interactions with customer management.
• In cooperation with Product teams and Marketing, drive One GE Life Sciences marketing events in assigned territory. Be aware of segmentation and apply relevant product benefits to each client’s segment.
• Lead and leverage Modality Sales Specialists, Zone Leaders, Service Operations and other Company resources to provide the necessary technical, and business content to create a competitive differentiation. Coordinate One GE Life Sciences team on assigned accounts to deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Negotiate terms and conditions, including individual purchase orders, master agreements, non-disclosure agreement, and other contractual vehicles.
• Follow all applicable GE policies, procedures and operating mechanisms. Proactively participate in company initiatives depending on organizational needs and as directed by management.
• Ensure knowledge of and compliance with Quality, Regulatory, integrity and company policies.
• Education to Bachelor Degree level or the equivalent of five years of sales experience.
• At least 3 years of proven sales experience including strategic selling and negotiation across a wide portfolio of products and service.
• At least 3 years of experience (technical or commercial) in the Life Science Industry.
• Proven key account management and project planning skills.
• Proven executive (CX0) relationship building skills in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
• Strong influencing, interpersonal and networking skills to drive collaborative culture at all levels.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Proven track record on relationship building skills.
• High level presentation skills; able to present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact.
• Must reside in and visit accounts in assigned territory, including NY, NJ
• To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record.
• Master’s degree in business
• Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Life Sciences field (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, etc.)
• 6+ years of sales experience
• Direct experience calling on or supporting Regeneron
• Experience closing large, complex, strategic deals
• Experienced in developing and delivering Value Propositions to executive levels
• Knowledge of GE Life Sciences products and services offered.
• Deep knowledge of drug development, from discovery through manufacturing processes for therapeutics.
• Experienced in Sale Force Dot Com, Outlook, MS Office software programs.
Locations: United States; Connecticut, New Jersey, New York; Tri-State area
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.