Airgas Usa LLC Retail Sales Representative in Honolulu, Hawaii
Airgas, an Air Liquide comapny is Now Hiring Retail Sales Representative in Honolulu, HI
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you? Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc? Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Retail Sales Representative!
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products—but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations—branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers—chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
Position Summary:* *
The primary purpose of the Retail Sales Representative is to handle counter sales. This position is responsible for selling a variety of welding equipment, hard goods, power tools, safety supplies and industrial gases to customers. The Retail Sales Representative is responsible for providing top-notch assistance to customers in selecting the proper gages /tools.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a high level of customer service by assisting customers with will call, counter and telephone sales.
- Analyze and expedite customer orders in a timely manner. Meet customer needs by recommending appropriate products and services
- Enter sales data, quotes or other relevant information into inventory control system.
- Assist manager in ordering appropriate merchandise to ensure stock remains at an acceptable level.
- Restock store merchandize and maintain current pricing on all store displays and products.
- Seek to expand existing customer base with all products lines.
- Prepare and deliver effective sales presentations and proposals to prospective customers.
- Identify, monitor and document competitive market activities by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Ensure customer inquiries related to accounts receivable billing issues, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc., are properly handled.
- Knowledge of proper customer relationship and customer service practices.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume setting.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and perform fraction to decimal conversions
- Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Be punctual and comply with work schedule.
- Strong understanding of word, excel, outlook and inventory control systems; SAP knowledge preferred
- Must be able to work overtime and on-call when necessary.
Education, Experiences, Certificates/ Licenses and/or Registrations:* *
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Two (2) year degree preferred
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience with customer service and/or sales experience.
- Knowledge in welding, gases, industrial, safety supply sales preferred. Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to thirty(50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
- Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
- Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
- Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)as required.
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
“Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta “Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire “Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist / / / /// / / / /// / / / /// / / /Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO./// / / /EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/ /Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability/
Title: Retail Sales Representative
Requisition ID: 17390