Hilton Reservations Sales Agent - Temporary in Honolulu, Hawaii
A Reservations Sales Agent is responsible for answering telephone inquiries in a friendly, enthusiastic and courteous manner, employ sales techniques in order to secure and process reservations for guest accommodations in a timely manner consistent with Hilton’s high standards of quality.
What will I be doing?
A Reservations Sales Agent is responsible for answering telephone inquiries in a friendly, enthusiastic and courteous manner, employ sales techniques in order to secure and process reservations for guest accommodations in a timely manner consistent with Hilton’s high standards of quality. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Reads, retrieves, communicates and verifies information including confirmation number to caller. Inputs and retrieves data with routine difficulty using a computer reservation system and utilizing codes for efficiency. Requires English writing skills in the event that the computer system is inaccessible and manual documentation of reservations is required.
- Answers the telephone and greets prospective guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner using clear, verbal English communication. Listens to callers to understand inquiries and requests. Promptly provides accurate information regarding availability, accommodation types, transportation to and from hotel, rate, etc. Promotes Hilton marketing programs. Assigns reservations based on guest preferences and availability. Requires sitting for long periods of time in a confined space and in close proximity to other employees to continuously perform essential functions.
- Answers questions regarding hotel facilities and services, airline partnerships, local attractions, directions, etc. Memorizes and communicates applicable deposit and guarantee policies as requested. Handles complaints in a tactful manner and negotiates resolutions such as alternative accommodations when hotel is sold out. Directs the flow of sales conversations to achieve desired results efficiently.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Six months of prior communications, reservations, or hospitality experience required with six months experience as Reservation Sales Agent preferred. Computer experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to convey friendliness and enthusiasm, and effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger to collect accurate information and achieve sales results.
- Ability to listen effectively and communicate clearly in English over the telephone and direct the flow of sales conversations to achieve results.
- Ability to access, read and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees to collectively achieve results.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to input 35 WPM on a computer keyboard.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in writing.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. for 100 feet to refill paper as needed.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services and Front Office
Title: Reservations Sales Agent - Temporary
Requisition ID: HOT0520V