Yulista Holding, LLC Project Manager I in Honolulu, Hawaii
The Project Manager is a key part of the organization’s management team. The Project Manager is primarily responsible for the operation, financial, and technical performance of the organization and will maintain accountability for the contract at all times.
• Identify and review detailed cost proposals while initiating and coordinating business development strategies.
• Provide leadership and guidance to all staff and serve as the principal point of contact with the Coast Guard and corporate officials.
• Assign work to craftsmen based on employee skill set.
• Coordinate all requests from the contracting office.
• Complete detailed reports on all work accomplished, including cost proposals.
• Schedule upcoming work requirements.
• Provide detailed labor and material estimates for work requirements.
• Attend meetings with customer groups.
• Maintain operations budget within established limits.
• Maintain accountability of all subcontracting efforts on the contract.
• Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Strong knowledge in Government Contracting and U.S. Coast Guard operations and able to maintain contract costs within fixed price requirements.
• Strong knowledge of management, administrative, or coordinative knowledge and skill sufficient to provide advisory, reviewing, evaluating, educating and training, negotiating, or problem-solving services (as a "troubleshooter," specialist, or coordinator) on specific problems, project programs, or functions (e.g., developing, coordinating, reviewing, and evaluating the implementation of work plans, including estimates of staffing needs, equipment, and supplies, and detailed instructions necessary to carry out the plans).
• Knowledge and understanding of recognized reference standards, regulatory requirements, and pertinent statutes sufficient to government contracting.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to resolve and articulate complex issues.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in order to deal effectively with a variety of interpersonal relationships and situations. Specifically, the ability effectively to communicate with employees, customers, and clients.
• Excellent maintenance scheduling and planning skills.
• Ability to maintain an environment conducive to professional growth and staff development while implementing a Management Plan.
• Ability to use discretion when handling customer accounts and concerns.
• Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize.
• Exceptional time management and organization skills.
• Ability to work with concentration, accuracy, and attention to detail.
• Ability to write correspondence.
• Excellent phone etiquette.
• Strong knowledge of office procedures and best practices (e.g., filing, answering telephones, receptionist duties, supply/equipment ordering, etc.) to perform daily assigned duties and train subordinates.
• Ability to follow instructions.
• Comprehensive knowledge of database software, spreadsheet software, word processing software, and accounting software. Microsoft packages preferred. Ability to type 45 words per minute.
• Ability to do business ethically with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
• Ability to exercise resourcefulness in assisting customers.
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands, change approaches or methods to best fit the situation, renegotiate deadlines, and have the capability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected priorities.
• Ability to generate suggestions for improving work flow; present ideas, and information, as well as have the ability to ask for help when needed.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as employee handbooks, safety rules, Company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Ability to be customer focused.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
• Minimum of three years as a project manager of a multi-disciplined workforce, performing facilities maintenance functions.
• Minimum of three years’ experience as a journeymen craftsman in the facility engineering field (e.g. HVAC Mechanic, Maintenance Mechanic) or facility related experience in the business field.
• Excellent communications skills.
• NICETT III Certification preferred.
• Experience in an island environment preferred.
• Logistics experience preferred.
• Must pass a pre-employment requirements including background check and drug screen.
• Good knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office required.
• Must possess valid driver’s license to operate personally owned vehicle.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work may require occasional overtime. The work environment is typically fast paced and customer service oriented.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Continuous: Kneeling, Balancing, Pushing or Pulling, Grasping, Lifting (26 to 50lbs), Fine manipulation
Frequent: Sitting, Standing, Walking, Bending over, Repetitive use of legs, Talking, Lifting (10lbs or less/ 11 to 25lbs), Carrying (10lbs or less, 11 to 25lbs, 26 to 60lbs), Eye/hand Coordination
Frequent: Close vision, Distance vision, Color vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception, Ability to adjust focus
Continuous: Discriminating colors
Frequent: Thinking analytically, Use of effective written and verbal communication, Handling stress and emotions, Concentrating on tasks, Remembering details, Making decisions, Adjusting to changes, Examining/ observing details
Continuous: Inside: (hot/heat), Outside (hot temperature, humid), Hazards (biological, chemical, electrical, sharp objects/tools, heavy machinery) Dirt (Soil), Moving mechanical parts, Wet/Slippery (floor or surface), Working alone
Frequent: Working with others
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com at http://www.yulista.com/ , click on career opportunities.
Requisition ID: TSLHI0019COMPANY1