Leidos Electrical Engineer in HONOLULU, Hawaii
Leidos is looking for an entry level Electrical Engineer for our Honolulu, HI location. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for design and planning related activities associated with electric transmission, distribution and substation facilities. Responsibilities may also include system planning assignments from time to time.
• Complete tasks and assignments based on direction provided by senior engineers
• Conduct site investigations to assess existing conditions, identify potential constructability issues, and develop possible solutions
• Perform engineering calculations and analyses, using client and industry software where applicable
• Apply the minimum requirements of the National Electrical Safety Code to the design processes
• Work with client and other standards to implement design
• Prepare design drawings suitable for use in installing equipment and constructing facilities
• Work with a designer/drafter to create the required drawings for each project
• Develop bill of materials for each project; use client standard software platforms for material procurement
• Perform periodic site inspections during construction
• Provide engineering support to crews and contractors during construction
• Prepare as-built record drawings of completed installations and construction
Successful candidates must comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with approved project scope, schedule and budget.
Required Education & Experience:
• B.S. in electrical engineering
• 1+ year of experience with either internships and coops, and/or course work with electric utility design
• Engineer Intern (“”EI” or “EIT”) professional certification preferred, or goal to complete requirements within 6 months of hire date
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
• Team player who can work effectively in team environment
• Self-starter who work independently with minimal direction
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
• Detail oriented with attention to quality
• Strong analytical skills and proven problem solver in both team and independent environments
• High level of computer competency
• Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians and will also coordinate and collaborate directly with client representatives to complete work.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.